Monday 3 May 2010

My Home 2010 - Newcastle Upon Tyne

Just wanted to take a study break mention the City I now Live in, Newcastle Upon Tyne, home of the Gerodies. The Tune. The home of the Magpies (the Newcastle United Futbol team). It has been quite an interesting settlement, and it has taken a little while before I have come to accept that it really isn't so bad. The snow, the moldy bathrooms, the hot and cold faucets, the food... at first there was a haunting spraypainted message on the brick wall on the walk to the metro, the ghetto scrapped car, the icy walkways, no internet, no hot water or adequate shower pressure, and a heater that barely broke even with the arctic breeze coming through the walls... oh Kirkley Lodge, I will miss you when I reach the sunny beaches of Grenada. Atleast I can travel Europe for less than $20. Yep. Good old Ryanair lets you goto Ireland, Netherlands, Spain, Etc for only $15 one way. How bout that Grenada? I can happily say Newcastle has grown on me, especially since the snow has melted and the internet works.

There have been some beautiful days here, on which I happened to have my camera handy.
maybe pictures later, check above. And FYI, Newcastle is NOT the same as London. Here's a map:

(Click to Zoom)
I find nearly everyone I talk to thinks that England is in Africa and consists of one city, London. This is false. The highlighted cities are some of where I have been as of 3 months in... 

No comments:

Post a Comment